The goal of this exercise is to help you:
- Learn to easily identify request variables
- Be able reason as to why those pieces of information are being passed in via the URL
- Find two URLs that use request variables (remember to look for
- In your Field Notes, or notebook, for each of the URLs, answer the following:
- Does the URL use multiple request variables?
- Write out each individual request variable.
- Write down what you think each piece of information being passed in is used for within that web application.
A URL from a Google Search:
Are there multiple request variables?
The request variables:
What I think they’re being used for:
q– this is the term I searched for
sourceid– the browser I’m using
ie– the character encoding